Who I Am
This is a personal blog, located at: http://toriclose.com – but you are already know this, because you are here reading this page.
What personal data this website collects and why it is collected
For the most part, you control what information you share with me on this blog (name, email address, comments, etc.) when you choose to interact with me. For more in-depth information, please read the following sections below!
When visitors leave comments on the site I collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
When you submit an email to me through my contact form, it is sent directly to my personal email address, and is not stored on my servers. This information is kept only for a short period of time for response purposes, but I will never use the information submitted through this blog for marketing purposes. Correspondence is personal, and not for advertising or marketing use … just as it should be.
If you leave a comment on my site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies by checking the little box before you submit. This is for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
I use Statcounter as an analytical tool to see where my visitors are coming from.
- Time and date of visit (this can help me to identify and plan for busy periods on my website)
- IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
- Browser and Operating System (this can help to make sure that my website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access my site)
- Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help to make sure that my website functions correctly in the devices used to access my site)
- Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find my website)
Furthermore, when you visit my website a Statcounter cookie (called “is_unique”) may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from StatCounter and set your browser to refuse same by clicking here.
Answers to the majority of questions we receive can be found there in their knowledge base.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to contact me via my Contact Form