Hello, my lovely friends!
It’s been a very long time since we have actually sat down for a visit, hasn’t it? I truly have missed you.
This past year has been kind of a whirlwind, and I find myself sitting here wondering how we are once again back into the fall season, with Christmas looming just around the corner. It feels like we were just here a few short months ago. They say that as you get older time feels like it passes more quickly, and I must admit that I am seeing more and more truth in that statement every year.
Our family has ridden quite the roller coaster since I’ve spoken to you last …
- Happy news: We’ve done some remodeling on the house to fix up an apartment for Mom and Dad. It’s so nice having them right downstairs, even if Derek and Dad do tend to team up with their little smart aleck remarks against us girls.
- We had our great-nephew with us for about 9 months while he was in transitional phase of his life. While we were happy to help him out during this rough patch, it was a bit more stressful than we had anticipated. I am definitely not 25 anymore! lol
- Sad news: We’ve been through 5 surgeries – 2 kidney surgeries and a parathyroid surgery for Mom, and 2 spinal surgeries for Dad. My poor parents! Thankfully, they both pulled through them all quite well, and are back on the journey to health. God is good!
- Happy news: I got to spend some time with my grandbabies for the first time in four years. They have grown so much, and I have missed their sweet little faces … as well as their hugs.
- Irritating news: My insomnia is out of control. Booooo! I think my body is trying to work its way around the clock again, which keeps me awake until Derek is getting up for work. This is definitely not helping my 46-year old self any. Ha!
So, as you can see, it’s been kind of a chaotic year. Through it all though, the Lord has been an ever-present comfort to us, and has never left our sides. I’m so thankful to know that when life goes wonky, God is right there with us. ♥
What’s Coming Up
In the very near future, I have a ton of book reviews coming your way. I’ve been trying to get caught up on my reading, so I have 4 reviews ready to be written, and many more to still sitting on the shelf waiting to be read. Maybe with winter coming and life being more settled, I’ll be able to actually get them done in a more timely manner.
I also have a couple of giveaways coming up. Yay! The first two are some very cool Christian music CD’s, and I just know you are going to enjoy them as much I do.
On the homemaking front, I have a great recipe that I came up with a couple of weeks ago that I will be posting for you. Derek and I have been trying to eat a whole food (all-natural) diet for quite some time now, and since cereal was a huge thing for me, I came up with a fantastic granola recipe that I can use for breakfast instead. If you are a granola lover like I am, you will probably enjoy this recipe too.
Well, I am going to end things here, because my hubby is now up and getting ready for work (again … boooooo to insomnia!), so I want to spend a little bit of time with him before he leaves. I hope you all are having a wonderful week! Drop me a comment and let me know what you’ve been up to; I would love to hear from you!
Until next time,