Most of you know I have never been very vocal when it comes to speaking about politics in public. With the new administration we are under however, that is about to change – starting with this article.
As Americans, it is very important for you to be aware of a new bill that is being introduced into the House; H.R. 45 – the Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sale Act of 2009. (download it here)
This was proposed by Rep. Bobby Rush, (IL-Democrat), whom himself was one of the founding members of the Black Panthers gang, and served jail time for illegal weapons charges. (video) Is this really a man you want to have any say in your right to keep and bear arms??
Of course, they say the bill is aimed at stopping illegal use of firearms and firearm trafficking, but honestly, do you think it is going to be the criminals who obey this law? No! It is going to be the majority of law-abiding American citizens who are going to be affected. Hunters, homeowners, and families who keep their guns for protection. I can guarantee you that the gangbangers, drug dealers, and criminals are still going to carry them.
This bill is nothing more than a way for the government to attempt to disarm us as a society, so that they have complete control. This bill would make it illegal to own a firearm – any rifle with a clip or ANY pistol unless:
- It is registered
- You submit your thumbprint to be held in a government database
- You submit your photo to a government database
- You submit health records to the government
- You supply a current Driver’s License
- You supply your Social Security #
- You will submit to a physical & mental evaluation at any time of their choosing
- Each update, change, or ownership through private or public sale must be reported and costs $25
- Failure to do so you automatically lose the right to own a firearm and are subject to prison time
- There is a child provision clause on page 16 section 305 stating a child-access provision. Gun must be locked and inaccessible to any child under 18. The Government would have the right to come and inspect that you are storing your gun safely away from accessibility to children and fine is punishable for up to 5 years in prison.
Read about it yourself at any of the following websites, or just Google "HR 45 Blair Holt Firearm Licensing & Record of Sales Act of 2009"
These bills are long and wordy, and most people won’t read them. It is time for Americans to start reading these bills, and doing whatever we can at grassroots levels to make our voices heard! Join pro-gun groups, hunting associations, gun clubs, or the NRA. Blog about it. Talk about it. Don’t let this one fall between the cracks!
Want to see what our president thinks about gun control?
Other articles of interest:
- H.R. 2195 – No guns for right-wing "extremists"
- Homeland Security on guard for ‘right-wing extremists’
- Lawmakers in 20 states move to reclaim sovereignty
- States Fight Back- (State Sovereignty Movement)
If you value your Constitutional rights, it is time to make a stand. I, for one, am more than a little irritated that our rights as citizens are being so blatantly violated.