I can’t remember where I found this idea, but it is something I have had stored away for years. I found it again yesterday, and wanted to share it with you. It makes a great, inexpensive gift to give to someone you care about when they aren’t feeling well, or you just want to do a random act of kindness. :)
Italian Soup Gift Basket
- 1 package Hamburger Helper® lasagna
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 can (14 ½ oz.) diced italian tomatoes
- 1 can (7 oz.) whole kernel corn
- 1 box Cornbread Mix
- Pour contents of sauce mix (from lasagne mix) into 3 1/2-cup jar or quart-size plastic bag. Layer dried minced onion over dry sauce mix. Top with pasta (from lasagna mix).
- Place lid on jar, or seal plastic bag with colorful ribbon or raffia.
- Place soup mix, can of tomatoes, corn, and cornbread mix in gift basket. Include the following directions for making soup.
Cook 1 pound lean ground beef in 4-quart Dutch oven, stirring frequently, until brown; drain.
Stir in soup mix, 5 cups hot water, undrained tomatoes and undrained corn. Heat to boiling, stirring occasionally; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 12 to 14 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender.
Ladle into bowls. Top with grated Parmesan cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese if desired.
Makes 6 servings.