I wanted to share with you all a smoothie recipe that has become a staple in our home. I came up with this recipe about 2 or 3 years ago, and it is still the family favorite. Healthy and delicious, it is a perfect breakfast substitute, or a fantastic refreshing drink during the hot days of summer!
Tropical Breeze Smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 5-6 frozen strawberries (100% natural – no sugar added)
- ½ cup unsweetened pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup 100% pineapple juice
- ¼ cup unsweetened orange juice
- ¼ cup non-fat all natural yogurt
Blend well. If needed, add a small amount of non-fat milk if smoothie is too thick for you.
Makes approximately 20-22 oz. of smoothie.